Problems are left to solutions, and solutions are left to choices, and choices are left to me.

Choose. Take chances. Make dreams happen. And it's life.


Wednesday, October 6, 2010

To SLU:
Happy Centennial!
From: Me

Saint Louis University is now one of the country’s most valued and respected school. It is one of the leading institutions not only here in Baguio City but all around the Philippines. SLU is regarded as the “Light of the North” because it has played a very important role in the development of not only the Cordilleran region but of its surrounding towns and provinces too. It just started from small beginnings but now, it is a very large university. Literally, it has more or less 20,000 students in its campus. It has gradually increased in population of students and faculties as it continually attracts students and scholars from different places nationwide and around the globe through its excellent reputation of education. 
 
It is with great pride that I am included in this institution. It is an important part of me as a growing Louisian. It served as my backbone through out the years. It is just right that I value and celebrate the upcoming SLU Centennial.
 
Yes, that’s right; SLU will soon celebrate its Centennial. It will surely be a historical celebration in the history of SLU. 
 
SLU Centennial will be celebrated in a year. This is termed as the Centennial Year. It will commerce on December 2010 and lasting up to December 2011. Many activities were already planned by the faculties and staff of SLU. Many preparations had been made and is continually being made. Just recently, the school’s president, Fr. Jessie Hechanova, started the countdown to the day that will start the Centennial Year. 
 
The SLU Centennial is an important event in the lives of the students. I, as a student can’t honestly do much for it. Probably, only by celebrating it is the best thing I can do. 
 
But by this simple blog, I want to show my great gratitude and respect to SLU. And to it’s upcoming Centennial. I want that the whole world would know how my school grew and is growing through the power of the Lousians and the trust they offer to the school, that through these things, Saint Louis University would be a stronger institution. I want them to know that through SLU, we, the Lousians, would be able to change the world. 
 
For the past one-hundred years, SLU brought out approximately about a thousand products of its valued education who is now, at present, some of the people who develops and improves the status of the world we live in. The school continually offers valued education to its students. SLU aims to develop students as well as faculty and staff imbued with the institution's core values of competence, creativity, social involvement and Christian spirit.
See how wonderful SLU is? 
 
I bet, that that is just the start of the development of SLU. There would be a lot more of improvements that could happen. 
 
We know that SLU's Centennial would signal a new start for developments. Every part of the world would certainly know about my school, SLU. There would be a lot more of Centennials to come. SLU would never just die out because they know that they are important to the lives of the Filipinos. 
 
Though SLU is not as popularly known as Ateneo, De la Salle, or The University of the Philippines , I still can't see no difference in any of these schools (except, of course, of the value of the tuition fee). As so you know, they all offer quality education and a good reputation for its students. So if you ever think that SLU is worse than any of the other schools, then you are wrong... It's not just because it is my school, but that is how I see it. I'm sure, if you try to enter my school, you'd probably understand me and agree with me too. 
 
I am very proud to say that my school has reached a hundred years and has stayed strong all through out. This just shows how SLU has grown so much. And would still move on with the future with greater aims and higher heights.
Congratulations to SLU on its Centennial! 
 
We believe in SLU, AND SO WILL YOU.

Creative Commons License
To SLU: Happy Centennial! From: Me by Monica Flores is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment