Problems are left to solutions, and solutions are left to choices, and choices are left to me.

Choose. Take chances. Make dreams happen. And it's life.


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hungry Much?

Since I was young, I have these foods I kept craving for. I really liked them even though I don't get to eat them as much as I wanted to. But I think that that is better, at least I don't get bored eating my favorite food again and again until time comes that I don't like them anymore. Since they are my favorites, I prefer having them for me as gifts or rather having them only on special occasions. I don't want to grew tired of them and just find another set of favorite foods...Oh, that's awful.

Anyways, here below is the list of my top 6 favorite foods of all-time. I swear. I can remember craving for these foods when I was still little. And how dirty and fat I looked in the pictures because of my eagerness to eat these foods.

Okay, here we go:



  1. my first love :D
    1. Belgian chocolates
     Whoever would tell me that he/she hated chocolates, I'll hate him/her. Because that is obviously not true. No matter what you do, there is still that part of yourself that you would get to love chocolates. The sweetness and the softness of the product would not only turn you from wild to calm but will also turn your world upside down.
     The best chocolates that I ever tasted were those from Belgium. My dad once went there and came back home with a lot of these chocolates. I miss them so much. Seeing it in pictures right now reminds me of how mouth-watering these chocolates were.



2. Strawberry Refrigerator Cake

  Well maybe, this kind of food is not that common to you. But you know it is really one of the greatest things I wanted ever to eat. My mom is fond of making cakes, cookies and recipes. She makes me one whenever I had my birthdays before...Oh! How damn I miss those days. I don't get to have them now because of too many more important things to do. So i just get to eat them only during long-time vacations...

3. Lansones and Pear 
  1. Oh yeah, these are damn healthy and yummy. I loved these fruits. Whenever I wanted to eat these fruits, I can never go to sleep and simply forget how I crave for them. Even in my dreams, I could see myself eating these fruits. This causes me to feel hungrier rather forgetting about it. So it is better to not sleep unless I eat even just a part of the fruit.
     There was even one time when my friend gave me a kilo of lansones and a pack of pear with a letter that read: “SHARING as a virtue”. He even emphasized sharing. He knew at that time that I would keep it only to myself because, obviously, they were my favorite fruits. And he was totally right, I ate them all. How guilty did I feel afterwards... 



     4. Kare-Kare
  This is a major major recipe that I have always wanted. This is a special recipe in the Philippines. And it makes me feel proud knowing that this came from my country. I like that this recipe is filled with a lot of vegetables and is best eaten with alamang[yeah]. Even just by smelling its delicious fragrance makes it more appetizing. It seems as if you are already tasting it. Oh, I can imagine it again. My stomach's growling now...
 
 
 5. Shabu-Shabu and Sushi
  Ooh! I love these foods so much. 
 
 
I know most people, like my sister, thinks that Korean, Japanese and Chinese foods are disgusting. But excuse me, these are really amazing foods. They taste kinda weird but is very delicious. It is also healthy since most of their ingredients are vegetables.
  The best part that I like most when eating shabu-shabu is the part where I just get and get and get food from the pan and immediately putting them into my mouth. It tastes good. You can really taste the flavor of every ingredient. I always enjoy eating them. We just ate some of these just recently and in just some matter of days, I gained a pound... Great right? 

 
6. Fresh Lumpia
 Fresh Lumpia is the best lunch I could ever have. Even without any rice, this food is very accessible to eat. I always ask my mom to cook these recipe in special family-get-togethers in our compound. It is not only me that likes very much fresh lumpia but most of my cousin too. Maybe it runs in the blood.
 Simply seeing those vegetables popping out of the wrapper makes me feel that  it is calling for me to it them.
 I don't remember myself ever having hated this food. EVER...

      I promised myself that someday, somewhere, somehow, I would make sure that I get to eat more of these. And crave for it till I die. No matter how fat I'll be in that time...? I don't think so I can do that. I suddenly though that food is just one of the greatest thing in life and it is not life itself. I'll still eat more of them but not too much, Diabetes now adays is dangerous to oneself.

      These are only my top 6, there are much much more.

      So there you go, my favorite foods... Ta-da!
     
    sources: 
    http://www.picknmixsweetshop.com/guylian-finest-belgian-chocolate-sea-shells----250g-673-p.asp
    http://www.figis.com/images/products/large/113227_lg.jpg
    http://kemalandsheila.com/2010/08/no-bake-strawberry-refrigerator-cake/
    http://www.pbase.com/image/33274412
    http://checkitoutavesta.blogspot.com/2008/09/brie-with-caramel-pecan-pear-sauce.html
    http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=138738&start=75&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
    http://www.japan-i.jp/food/sukiyakishabushabu/
    http://exurbanpedestrian.wordpress.com/2010/01/10/ahhhh-sushi/
    http://whenadobometfeijoada.blogspot.com/

    Creative Commons License
    Hungry Much? by Monica Flores is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment